Simple answers to frequent questions

Learn more about HorseLinc
Frequently asked questions
Still have questions? We've got answers.

  • How do I sign up?

    Signing up is easy! Download the app to your phone or other mobile device and follow the prompts provided. We also now have a website version for use in a web browser, simply click on the Sign In button in the upper right hand corner to get started!

  • How does my horse's information get in the app?

    Horse Managers have the ability to create horse profiles and assign profiles to the trainer, owner, and optional "leased to" roles. Other information within the horse profile is currently optional, such as registration numbers, however will serve as a repository for this information to allow Horse Managers to be able to keep all this information in a central location. In the future, this information may be able to be used for automated horse show entries, etc.

  • How is data security handled on HorseLinc?

    Data security is a top priority at HorseLinc, so we partner with the most reputable vendors in the market. Payment processing is handled by Stripe. Other apps that entrust Stripe with their payment processing include Amazon, Uber and DocuSign. Other profile information is housed in a cloud server provided by Google. Both Stripe and Google have security information available on their websites. Also, see the privacy policy for additional details.

  • How do payments get processed?

    Payments are processed utilizing Stripe, a separate payment processing platform for apps. The payment process is similar to other common apps you use, think Uber, where a service is requested and once both parties agree that the services were provided, payment is automatically processed. HorseLinc also allows for an invoice to be sent to the Horse Manager directly for "Linced" accounts and for service providers to invite their clients to the platform by sending an initial invoice.

  • How is the convenience fee handled?

    Because Stripe charges a fee for their services, there is a 5% fee charged for each transaction to cover their fees. There is a percentage added to all service providers services that is paid by the Horse Manager. The service providers receive their full service fee. Think Uber again, where what you pay Uber is not what your driver gets paid.

  • Who pays for the services?

    For services that have been confirmed as provided, the payment will process from horse manager profile assigned to the horse’s profile in the following manner: Trainer, if no owner or leased to is assigned; Owner(s) if no leased to is assigned; Leased to if assigned.

  • Who receives the payment for services?

    The service provider assigned will receive payment for the services. For service providers who assign the services to their helpers, the payment at the original fee will go directly to the helper service provider, and any tips added to the services will remain with the originally assigned service provider.

    For example, if a mane and tail are requested for $100 to the main service provider, and the main service provider assigns the mane and tail to a helper service provider, and the Horse Manager tips $20 the payment will be automatically processed as follows:

    -The Horse Manager will pay the invoice amount of $124.80

    -Helper service provider receives $100

    -Main service provider receives tip of $20

    -HorseLinc receives $4.80 to cover Stripe fee

  • When I assign services to my helpers, do the Horse Managers associated with those horses see who I assigned the service to? 

    No, Horse Managers only see who they requested the service to be performed by. They do not see who is assigned or who the payment ultimately goes to. Horse Managers only have to work with their trusted service providers no matter whether they are physically at the same show as them or not. Service providers can manage their client’s schedule from any location!

  • How do Instant Payouts work?

    How fast is “instant”?
    Nearly 6,000 banks in the US support Instant Payouts and in practice ~99% of payouts are available within minutes. Due to differences across banks, the other 1% are usually available within a few hours or the next 1-2 business days.

    Are there any fees to request an Instant Payout?
    Stripe charges a 1% fee for Instant Payout, and this fee is passed on to the Service Provider. If you request Instant Payout for a $100 service, you will receive $99.

    Are there any limits on payouts?
    Stripe limits new platforms to an aggregate of $5,000 transferred per day to all managed accounts.

    Are Instant Payouts available outside of the U.S.?
    No, Instant Payouts are currently only available to service providers with debit cards issued by U.S. banks.